4.13.2010

"Would it be bad to have a martini with my muscle relaxant or bad in a good way?"-sex in the city

Dear Cardholders,

The other day while I waited impatiently in the grocery line I overheard a heartbreaking conversation. These two elderly ladies, wearing different shades of Barbie pink lipstick, were gossiping about the latest and greatest retiree news. “Can you believe it, after 55 years of marriage- she left him?”-whispered the pink lips. “I mean it wasn’t right what he did to her- but after all that time, they couldn’t work it out?” ‘55 years’, I just kept repeating this outrageous number in my head. I wished I was wearing a similar shade of lips so these dollys would warm up and I could start asking the questions I wanted answers to. “What did this dude do?” “Did the lady have another man?” And most importantly “How many martinis did you gals have to drink to recover from that one?” But before I whipped out my pink gloss and joined the gossip shesh, the magazine tabloid rack rocked my world.. “Tiger, Sandra, Jessica, Britney, John and Kate” -this kind of reckless mess was all around me.

Now, when it comes down to the core of it women are a lot alike, but how come some women leave their men and others stay. Some women stay in the worst conditions, deathly situations- all for the sake of love and commitment. While others leave their man after a simple dinner dispute. How do some woman have the patience of a goddess while others change their minds more often than I change my sheets? How do some women turn their heads to adultery, while others feed off of revenge? Furthermore, does God give every woman a certain amount of “I will walk to the end of the earth for my man” cards and once you cash all yours in- watch out!! I mean how come some girls will stay with a cheating, lying, drunk when others simply fall out of love at 70 years old and don’t bother to look back? Why do some rocky marriages stay together, while promising relationships fall to pieces? And the question I am mostly wondering…If you cash in your “end of the earth” cards to early in the game can you ever gain them back?

With love and martinis (plural)

No comments:

Post a Comment